By Allan Bérubé
Read or Download My Desire for History: Essays in Gay, Community, and Labor History PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
The Thai capital Bangkok is the unrivalled centre of the country’s homosexual, lesbian, and transgender groups. those groups are one of the greatest in Southeast Asia, and certainly on the earth, and feature a range, social presence, and old intensity that set them except the queer cultures of many neighbouring societies.
For many years, Singapore's homosexual activists have sought equality and justice in a country the place legislations is used to stifle uncomplicated civil and political liberties. In her groundbreaking publication, Mobilizing homosexual Singapore, Lynette Chua asks, what does a social move seem like in an authoritarian nation? She takes an expansive view of the homosexual circulate to envision its emergence, improvement, thoughts, and strategies, in addition to the jobs of legislations and rights in social procedures.
Research robust options for therapeutic the scars of early sexual abuse in homosexual males! the 1st publication of its type, homosexual males and early life Sexual Trauma: Integrating the Shattered Self addresses the explicit healing wishes of homosexual males in restoration. All too usually, homosexual males conceal their adolescence thoughts of being sexually victimized, as a result of worry, disgrace, and the stigma of stereotypes which equate homosexuality with baby abuse.
This e-book offers new insights concerning the roles within which LGBTQ members give a contribution in society and numerous organisations. The literature is split into sections. part one comprises 3 chapters from greater schooling directors, school and group activists. The chapters proportion own narratives describing the existence studies of these who're usually marginalized inside of academia.
- Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America
- Changing Corporate America from Inside Out: Lesbian and Gay Workplace Rights (Social Movements, Protest, and Contention)
- LGBTQ Voices in Education: Changing the Culture of Schooling
- No Tea, No Shade: New Writings in Black Queer Studies
- Heterosexual Africa?: The History of an Idea from the Age of Exploration to the Age of AIDS (New African Histories)
- Greek Homosexuality: with Forewords by Stephen Halliwell, Mark Masterson and James Robson
Extra resources for My Desire for History: Essays in Gay, Community, and Labor History