By Susan Elizabeth Ward Aber,Jeremy Aber
Map Librarianship identifies simple geoliteracy innovations and complements reference and guideline talents by way of delivering info on discovering, downloading, offering, and assessing maps, remotely sensed imagery, and different geospatial assets and prone, basically from relied on executive assets. by means of delivering descriptions of conventional maps, geographic details structures (GIS), distant sensing, and different geospatial applied sciences, the booklet offers a well timed and sensible advisor for the map and geospatial librarian to mix self assurance in conventional library ability sets.
- Includes hardly mentioned options of mentioning and referencing maps and geospatial information, reasonable use and copyright
- Creates an information and appreciation of latest print map collections, whereas construction electronic stewardship with surrogate map and aerial imagery collections
- Provides an creation to the speculation and functions of GIS, distant sensing, participatory neogeography and neocartography practices, and different geospatial technologies
- Includes a listing of geospatial assets with descriptions and illustrations of established map kinds and codecs, on-line geospatial information resources, and an advent to the main commonplace geospatial software program applications to be had, on either laptop and cellular platforms
Read Online or Download Map Librarianship: A Guide to Geoliteracy, Map and GIS Resources and Services (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
The electronic divide is a worrying fact, and teenagers in our society more and more fall into specified different types of know-how haves and have-nots, even if desktops can be found to them within the colleges. This pattern undermines the futures of our formative years and jeopardizes the energy of our society.
Librarians and pupil affairs pros proportion a dedication to scholar luck and holistic improvement, collaborative innovations, and reflective perform. "Environments for pupil luck and improvement" explores how librarians and pupil affairs execs accomplice via programming and different actions in an effort to create superior campus environments for scholar studying, development, and improvement.
It is a publication of clean insights, views, thoughts, and ways for coping with digital files and for addressing the consequences for archival courses working in a electronic surroundings. The authors draw on first-hand adventure to give useful strategies, together with innovations for construction and maintaining robust digital files courses.
Dealing with e-book Metadata in educational Libraries: Taming the Tiger tackles the subject of ebooks in educational libraries, a development that has been welcomed via scholars, school, researchers, and library employees. notwithstanding, whilst, the truth of buying ebooks, making them discoverable, and handling them offers library employees with many new demanding situations.
- Empowering Leadership: Developing Behaviors for Success
- The Lessons Learned Handbook: Practical Approaches to Learning from Experience
- The Early Information Society: Information Management in Britain before the Computer
- The Purpose-Based Library: Finding Your Path to Survival, Success, and Growth
Extra info for Map Librarianship: A Guide to Geoliteracy, Map and GIS Resources and Services (Chandos Information Professional Series)