By Tomas Lidman
- Offers an easy yet complete historical past to give an explanation for key matters in the back of the present debate
- Provides librarians and archivists with arguments
- The writer has greater than forty years adventure at the nationwide and foreign archive and library scene
Read or Download Libraries and Archives: A Comparative Study (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
The electronic divide is a stressful fact, and teenagers in our society more and more fall into special different types of know-how haves and have-nots, even if pcs can be found to them within the faculties. This development undermines the futures of our formative years and jeopardizes the power of our society.
Librarians and scholar affairs execs proportion a dedication to pupil luck and holistic improvement, collaborative ideas, and reflective perform. "Environments for pupil good fortune and improvement" explores how librarians and scholar affairs pros accomplice via programming and different actions to be able to create enhanced campus environments for scholar studying, progress, and improvement.
This can be a e-book of clean insights, views, options, and techniques for handling digital files and for addressing the consequences for archival courses working in a electronic atmosphere. The authors draw on first-hand event to give useful recommendations, together with innovations for development and maintaining robust digital files courses.
Coping with publication Metadata in educational Libraries: Taming the Tiger tackles the subject of ebooks in educational libraries, a pattern that has been welcomed via scholars, school, researchers, and library employees. in spite of the fact that, whilst, the truth of buying ebooks, making them discoverable, and handling them offers library employees with many new demanding situations.
- Engaging First-Year Students in Meaningful Library Research: A Practical Guide for Teaching Faculty (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Praxishandbuch Bibliotheksbau: Planung – Gestaltung – Betrieb (De Gruyter Reference) (German Edition)
- Distributed Learning: Pedagogy and Technology in Online Information Literacy Instruction
- Igniting the Spark: Library Programs That Inspire High School Patrons
- Documenting Localities: A Practical Model for American Archivists and Manuscript Curators (Practical Model for American Archivists and Manuscripts Cura)
- Fundamentals for the Academic Liaison
Additional resources for Libraries and Archives: A Comparative Study (Chandos Information Professional Series)