By Gill Valentine
- the a number of meanings of lesbian houses, relating to race, classification, spiritual, or ethnic identification, and as locations of liberation and oppression as a result of harassment
- opposing perspectives of lesbians and the myths and stereotypes of lesbians within the East-end and West-end of Vancouver
- how white, feminist anti-violence activism is getting used in anti-oppression struggles
- a own geography of harassment
- an exploration of feminist prototypes, (Salamander, Dryad, Soothsayer, and Virgin), and lesbian interpretations of those archetypes
- social help, popping out, and dating pride in lesbian couplesFrom Nowhere to in all places is a strong selection of essays that marks a breakthrough within the transformation in visibility of lesbian geographies and geographers from nowhere and in all places.
Read or Download From Nowhere to Everywhere: Lesbian Geographies PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
The Thai capital Bangkok is the unrivalled centre of the country’s homosexual, lesbian, and transgender groups. those groups are one of the biggest in Southeast Asia, and certainly on the earth, and feature a range, social presence, and old intensity that set them except the queer cultures of many neighbouring societies.
For many years, Singapore's homosexual activists have sought equality and justice in a kingdom the place legislations is used to stifle easy civil and political liberties. In her groundbreaking publication, Mobilizing homosexual Singapore, Lynette Chua asks, what does a social circulate appear like in an authoritarian kingdom? She takes an expansive view of the homosexual move to ascertain its emergence, improvement, recommendations, and strategies, in addition to the jobs of legislation and rights in social methods.
Study strong strategies for therapeutic the scars of early sexual abuse in homosexual males! the 1st ebook of its style, homosexual males and formative years Sexual Trauma: Integrating the Shattered Self addresses the categorical healing wishes of homosexual males in restoration. All too usually, homosexual males conceal their adolescence thoughts of being sexually victimized, as a result of worry, disgrace, and the stigma of stereotypes which equate homosexuality with baby abuse.
This booklet offers new insights in regards to the roles during which LGBTQ participants give a contribution in society and diverse organisations. The literature is split into sections. part one contains 3 chapters from larger schooling directors, school and group activists. The chapters percentage own narratives describing the lifestyles reports of these who're usually marginalized inside academia.
- Queer TV in the 21st Century: Essays on Broadcasting from Taboo to Acceptance
- Lesbian Dames: Sapphism in the Long Eighteenth Century
- Relationship Therapy with Same-Sex Couples
- Backward Glances: Contemporary Chinese Cultures and the Female Homoerotic Imaginary (Asia-Pacific: Culture, Politics, and Society)
- A Small Boy and Others: Imitation and Initiation in American Culture from Henry James to Andy Warhol (Series Q)
- Critically Sovereign: Indigenous Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies
Extra info for From Nowhere to Everywhere: Lesbian Geographies