By Wendy Bartlett
This easy-to-use, accomplished consultant exhibits tips on how to determine a floating assortment in any library—regardless of variety or size.
• Checklists for varied levels of the floating process
• commonly asked questions for workers members
• A bibliography of guides on floating collections, protecting web content of floating libraries, PLA shows, articles, and listserv archives
• An index covers significant subject matters, libraries defined in the textual content, in addition to interviewed individuals
Read or Download Floating Collections: A Collection Development Model for Long-Term Success: A Collection Development Model for Long-Term Success PDF
Similar library & information science books
The electronic divide is a annoying fact, and teenagers in our society more and more fall into targeted different types of know-how haves and have-nots, even if pcs can be found to them within the faculties. This pattern undermines the futures of our formative years and jeopardizes the energy of our society.
Librarians and scholar affairs pros proportion a dedication to scholar luck and holistic improvement, collaborative innovations, and reflective perform. "Environments for pupil good fortune and improvement" explores how librarians and scholar affairs execs associate via programming and different actions that allows you to create more suitable campus environments for pupil studying, progress, and improvement.
This can be a booklet of unpolluted insights, views, techniques, and methods for coping with digital documents and for addressing the results for archival courses working in a electronic atmosphere. The authors draw on first-hand adventure to offer useful strategies, together with thoughts for construction and maintaining powerful digital documents courses.
Handling e-book Metadata in educational Libraries: Taming the Tiger tackles the subject of ebooks in educational libraries, a pattern that has been welcomed via scholars, college, researchers, and library employees. despite the fact that, whilst, the truth of buying ebooks, making them discoverable, and dealing with them offers library employees with many new demanding situations.
- Integrating the Web into Everyday Library Services: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- Marketing and Promoting Electronic Resources: Creating the E-Buzz!
- College Libraries and Student Culture: What We Now Know
- La preservación de recursos digitales (Manuales) (Spanish Edition)
- Concepts Enhancing Critical Infrastructure Protection: Relating Y2K to CIP Research and Development
- Library Scholarly Communication Programs: Legal and Ethical Considerations (Chandos Information Professional Series)
Additional resources for Floating Collections: A Collection Development Model for Long-Term Success: A Collection Development Model for Long-Term Success