By Elisa Rolle
- Winner within the LGBT Non-Fiction type of the third Annual Beverly Hills foreign booklet Awards
- Silver Medal within the Non-Fiction - Gay/Lesbian/LGBT classification of the 2015 worldwide booklet Awards
- Silver Medal within the Non-Fiction - Cultural class of the 2015 Readers' favourite booklet stories and Awards Contest
- Finalist within the GLBT classification of the 2015 subsequent iteration Indie ebook Awards
- Finalist within the LGBT Non Fiction type of the ninth Annual nationwide Indie Excellence Awards
- Finalist within the homosexual & Lesbian Non Fiction classification of the sixth Annual foreign Books Awards
- Finalist within the homosexual & Lesbian Non Fiction type of the 2015 united states most sensible Books Awards
- Honorable point out within the homosexual class of the 2015 San Francisco publication Festival
- Honorable point out within the basic Non Fiction class of the 2015 manhattan ebook Festival
“It's superb. Laying it out chronologically is electrified, delivering an outstanding GLBT heritage. I saved studying issues. i like the choice to incorporate damaged by means of dying. It makes transparent how vital love is, in addition to exhibiting what humans were via. The structure and pictures glance terrific.” Christopher Bram
“I couldn’t face up to clicking via each web page. I by no means learned the scope of the ebook may hide centuries! i do know that it'll be highly validating to younger, newly-emerging LGBT young ones and be reassured that they truly may have a safe, revered position on the planet as their futures unfold.” Howard Cruse
“This foreign history-and-photo e-book, that includes 100s of distinctive bios of a few of the main forward-moving homosexual people in heritage, is certain to be a kind of bestsellers that homosexual folks will get pleasure from for future years as reference and study that's full of proof and fun.” Jack Fritscher
Read or Download Days of Love: Celebrating LGBT History One Story at a Time PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
The Thai capital Bangkok is the unrivalled centre of the country’s homosexual, lesbian, and transgender groups. those groups are one of the greatest in Southeast Asia, and certainly on the planet, and feature a range, social presence, and historic intensity that set them except the queer cultures of many neighbouring societies.
For many years, Singapore's homosexual activists have sought equality and justice in a kingdom the place legislation is used to stifle simple civil and political liberties. In her groundbreaking e-book, Mobilizing homosexual Singapore, Lynette Chua asks, what does a social flow appear like in an authoritarian country? She takes an expansive view of the homosexual circulation to envision its emergence, improvement, techniques, and strategies, in addition to the jobs of legislations and rights in social procedures.
Research robust suggestions for therapeutic the scars of early sexual abuse in homosexual males! the 1st booklet of its type, homosexual males and youth Sexual Trauma: Integrating the Shattered Self addresses the explicit healing wishes of homosexual males in restoration. All too frequently, homosexual males disguise their formative years thoughts of being sexually victimized, as a result of worry, disgrace, and the stigma of stereotypes which equate homosexuality with baby abuse.
This publication offers new insights concerning the roles within which LGBTQ contributors give a contribution in society and diverse enterprises. The literature is split into sections. part one comprises 3 chapters from better schooling directors, school and neighborhood activists. The chapters percentage own narratives describing the lifestyles reviews of these who're frequently marginalized inside academia.
- Redefining Normal: A Modern Gay Men's Guide to Happy and Healthy Living
- Cruising Utopia: The Then and There of Queer Futurity (Sexual Cultures)
- Expanding the Circle: Creating an Inclusive Environment in Higher Education for LGBTQ Students and Studies (SUNY series in Queer Politics and Cultures)
- Slaves to Fashion: Black Dandyism and the Styling of Black Diasporic Identity (e-Duke books scholarly collection.)
- Entertaining Lesbians: Celebrity, Sexuality, and Self-Invention
- ERASING REASON: Inside Aesthetic Realism - A Cult That Tried to Turn Queer People Straight
Extra resources for Days of Love: Celebrating LGBT History One Story at a Time