By Megan Egbert
This booklet indicates you the way, regardless of a decent funds and constrained area, you could foster "maker mentality" on your library and support consumers attain the educational advantages of making—with or with out a makerspace.
• deals librarians artistic how you can get entangled within the fascinating maker circulate and inspire maker mentality between patrons
• offers an strategy during which any library, irrespective of their measurement or finances, can participate
• Speaks to every age, event degrees, and academic levels
• Fills a spot within the literature by way of offering libraries with restricted assets the capacity to provide maker opportunities
Read or Download Creating Makers: How to Start a Learning Revolution at Your Library: How to Start a Learning Revolution at Your Library PDF
Best library & information science books
The electronic divide is a worrying truth, and youths in our society more and more fall into targeted different types of expertise haves and have-nots, even if pcs can be found to them within the faculties. This pattern undermines the futures of our adolescence and jeopardizes the energy of our society.
Librarians and pupil affairs execs proportion a dedication to scholar good fortune and holistic improvement, collaborative options, and reflective perform. "Environments for pupil luck and improvement" explores how librarians and scholar affairs pros accomplice via programming and different actions with a purpose to create better campus environments for pupil studying, progress, and improvement.
This can be a booklet of clean insights, views, options, and ways for handling digital documents and for addressing the results for archival courses working in a electronic atmosphere. The authors draw on first-hand event to offer useful ideas, together with options for development and maintaining powerful digital documents courses.
Coping with e-book Metadata in educational Libraries: Taming the Tiger tackles the subject of ebooks in educational libraries, a development that has been welcomed by means of scholars, college, researchers, and library employees. although, whilst, the truth of buying ebooks, making them discoverable, and dealing with them offers library employees with many new demanding situations.
- Guide to Electronic Resource Management
- Crash Course in Weeding Library Collections
- Creating a New Library: Recipes for Transformation
- Marketing Moxie for Librarians: Fresh Ideas, Proven Techniques, and Innovative Approaches: Fresh Ideas, Proven Techniques, and Innovative Approaches
- The Anywhere Library: A Primer for the Mobile Web
- Library World Records, 3d ed.
Additional info for Creating Makers: How to Start a Learning Revolution at Your Library: How to Start a Learning Revolution at Your Library