By Marshall Long
Architectural Acoustics, moment version provides a radical technical evaluate of the self-discipline, from uncomplicated thoughts to precise layout recommendation. starting with a quick heritage, it studies the basics of acoustics, human conception and response to sound, acoustic noise measurements, noise metrics, and environmental noise characterization. In-depth remedy is given to the theoretical rules and functional purposes of wave acoustics, sound transmission, vibration and vibration isolation, and noise transmission in flooring and mechanical systems.
Chapters on particular layout difficulties display find out how to follow the idea, together with therapy of multifamily dwellings, place of work constructions, rooms for speech, rooms for song, multipurpose rooms, auditoriums, sanctuaries, studios, listening rooms, and the layout of sound reinforcement platforms. distinct figures illustrate the sensible purposes of acoustic ideas, exhibiting the best way to enforce layout rules in genuine structures.
This compendium of theoretical and sensible layout info brings the suitable suggestions, equations, thoughts, and particular layout difficulties jointly in a single position, together with either basics and extra complicated fabric. practising engineers will locate it a useful reference for his or her day-by-day paintings, whereas complex scholars will relish its rigorous remedy of the fundamental development blocks of acoustical theory.
- Considered the main entire source within the box – comprises uncomplicated basic relatives, derived from first ideas, and examples had to resolve genuine engineering problems.
- Provides a well-organized textual content for college kids first coming near near the topic in addition to a competent reference for skilled practitioners trying to refresh their technical wisdom base.
- New content material for constructing execs comprises case reports and assurance of particular concentration components corresponding to audio visible layout, theaters, and live performance halls.
Read or Download Architectural Acoustics PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
Protecting all elements of sound and vibration in constructions, this ebook explores room acoustics, sound insulation, and noise and vibration difficulties attached to provider gear and exterior sources.
This interdisciplinary heritage and thought of sound within the arts reads the 20th century through hearing it--to the emphatic and unprecedented sounds of modernism and people at the cusp of postmodernism, recorded sound, noise, silence, the fluid sounds of immersion and dripping, and the beef voices of viruses, screams, and bestial cries.
'Mechanik und Wärme' ist der erste von vier Bänden zur Experimentalphysik von Professor Demtröder. Die Lehrinhalte des ersten Semesters Physik werden anschaulich und leicht verständlich, dabei aber möglichst quantitativ präsentiert. Wichtige Definitionen und Formeln, alle Abbildungen und Tabellen wurden zweifarbig gestaltet.
This publication deals entire assurance at the most vital elements of audio watermarking, from vintage concepts to the newest advances, from regularly investigated themes to rising learn subdomains, and from the study and improvement achievements up to now, to present boundaries, demanding situations, and destiny instructions.
- Sonars and Underwater Acoustics
- Signal Processing for Wireless Communication Systems (Information Technology: Transmission, Processing and Storage)
- Dance Music Manual: Tools, Toys, and Techniques
- Toward an Anthropology of Ambient Sound (Routledge Studies in Anthropology)
- The Practical Art of Motion Picture Sound
- Elements of Human Voice
Extra resources for Architectural Acoustics