By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up-to-date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 publication that keeps and expands at the original's special acoustical basics whereas including sensible formulation and simulation equipment.
Serving either as a textual content for college students in engineering departments and as a reference for practising engineers, this ebook specializes in electroacoustics, examining the habit of transducers as a result of electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit thought, it starts off by means of guiding readers throughout the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound iteration, radiation, and propagation, and basic terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature purposes (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, akin to classrooms, places of work, auditoriums, and residing rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given through the textual content to make the cloth simply acceptable to functional layout. it's a priceless source for experimenters, acoustical specialists, and to those that expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 e-book Acoustics
- Provides precise acoustic basics, permitting higher realizing of complicated layout parameters, dimension equipment, and data
- Extensive appendices hide frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Best acoustics & sound books
Protecting all features of sound and vibration in structures, this ebook explores room acoustics, sound insulation, and noise and vibration difficulties attached to provider gear and exterior sources.
This interdisciplinary heritage and conception of sound within the arts reads the 20 th century via hearing it--to the emphatic and remarkable sounds of modernism and people at the cusp of postmodernism, recorded sound, noise, silence, the fluid sounds of immersion and dripping, and the beef voices of viruses, screams, and bestial cries.
'Mechanik und Wärme' ist der erste von vier Bänden zur Experimentalphysik von Professor Demtröder. Die Lehrinhalte des ersten Semesters Physik werden anschaulich und leicht verständlich, dabei aber möglichst quantitativ präsentiert. Wichtige Definitionen und Formeln, alle Abbildungen und Tabellen wurden zweifarbig gestaltet.
This publication bargains finished assurance at the most vital features of audio watermarking, from vintage options to the most recent advances, from regularly investigated issues to rising learn subdomains, and from the study and improvement achievements so far, to present obstacles, demanding situations, and destiny instructions.
- Urban Air Pollution and Forests: Resources at Risk in the Mexico City Air Basin (Ecological Studies)
- Audio Production and Critical Listening: Technical Ear Training (Audio Engineering Society Presents)
- Tribology and Mechanics of Magnetic Storage Devices
- The Tone of Our Times: Sound, Sense, Economy, and Ecology (Leonardo Book Series)
Extra resources for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers