By Elizabeth S. Radcliffe
- Demonstrates the diversity of Hume's paintings and illuminates the continued debates that it has generated
- Organized via topic, with introductions to every part to orient the reader
- Explores themes reminiscent of wisdom, ardour, morality, faith, economics, and politics
- Examines the paradoxes of Hume's idea and his legacy, protecting the equipment, subject matters, and results of his contributions to philosophy
Read or Download A Companion to Hume (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
Philo-Poetry- research, knowledge, and existence stories that enhance inner emotions with the aim of supporting humanity and all its surroundings.
John H. McClendon III's CLR James's Notes on Dialectics: Left Hegelianism or Marxism-Leninism? is the first-ever ebook committed solely to James's 'magnum opus,' Notes on Dialectics: Hegel-Marx-Lenin. The seed for this learn used to be planted over thirty years in the past whilst James passed the writer his own replica of Notes.
Roger Scruton is Britain's most sensible recognized highbrow dissident, who has defended English traditions and English id opposed to an legit tradition of denigration. even supposing his writings on philosophical aesthetics have proven him to be a number one authority within the box, his defence of political conservatism has marked him out in educational circles as public enemy no 1.
Die Bestseller Die Kuh, die weinte und Der Elefant, der das Glück vergaß haben Millionen Leser auf der ganzen Welt begeistert und inspiriert. Doch welche Lebensgeschichte hat Ajahn Brahm geprägt? Wie gelangte der buddhistische Mönch mit westlichen Wurzeln zu seinen tiefen Weisheiten über Glück und Liebe, die in seinen bewegenden Anekdoten zum Ausdruck kommen?
- Persuaded by Reason: Joan Kennedy Taylor and the Rebirth of American Individualism
- Schopenhauer: A Biography
- Edith Stein Letters to Roman Ingarden: Edith Stein Self-Portrait in Letters (The Collected Works of Edith Stein Book 12)
- D.L. Moody - A Life: Innovator, Evangelist, World Changer
Extra resources for A Companion to Hume (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)